Pua Jiuntia Festival of Western Odisha
Pua Juintia, also known as Dutibahana Osha, holds special significance in the western Odisha region. It marks the umbilical relationship between mothers and their children. This festival is observed on Ashwina Krushnapakhya Astami, which falls on the eighth day of the dark fortnight of the Odia month Ashwina.
During Pua Juintia, mothers perform rituals to invoke the grace of Lord Dutibahana for the long life and prosperity of their sons. It’s a beautiful celebration that underscores the deep bond between mothers and their children. 🌼🌸🌺
Rituals and Observance:
- On the auspicious day of Pua Jiuntia, mothers invoke the grace of Lord Dutibahana for the long life, health, and prosperity of their beloved sons.
- The rituals include:
- Fasting: Mothers observe a day-long fast, abstaining from food and water.
- Worship: All mothers who are doing Jiuntia gather together and they usually worship outside the home.
- Offerings: Mothers offer fruits, sweets, and other delicacies to Lord Dutibahana while fervently praying for their sons’ well-being.
- Thread Ceremony: A sacred thread (Jiuntia) is tied around the wrist or on the neck of each son as a symbol of protection and blessings.
- Blessings: Mothers shower their sons with love, blessings, and heartfelt wishes for a prosperous future.
Pua Jiuntia Photos
If you are looking for Pua Jiuntia photos or greeting messages, we have some beautiful photos for you. Browse through these Sambalpuri Pua Jiuntia images.
|Pic credit : Sambalpuri Maja|
|Pic credit: Kie Khe Re|
|Pic credit : Latkana|
Pua Jiuntia Book
Pua Jiuntia or Dutibahana Osha book written by Purusottam Das. Download the PDF file from here.
Pua Jiuntia, with its blend of tradition and love, exemplifies the enduring bond between mothers and their children. As the fragrance of incense mingles with maternal prayers, it reminds us that some connections transcend time—forever etched in the fabric of our lives.
May every Pua Jiuntia be a testament to maternal affection—a celebration that echoes through generations, nourishing hearts with love and devotion.